Thursday, November 6, 2008

From my heart

Originally published on MySpace, Nov 6, 2008

Current mood:excited

I knew all along that this was not only an historic election, it was overflowing with emotion and passion. No matter how you believe or voted, it was really good to see Americans care again. Really good.

I loved reading through my friends' statuses this morning and how much joy & happiness they are experiencing. How hopeful we finally feel for the future. Say goodbye to the "same old, same old!!"

With that said, can I say I feel so light today? I feel like I can breathe, like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I feel hope and joy and genuinely passionately excited for our future!!

I know nothing changes overnight and the road will be long and hard. But for the first time ever in my life, I am excited about taking that road. I am excited to be a part of it. I am excited that my children are old enough to realize what this all means, that they are a part of this historic moment.

I feel like the fog of the past eight years is drifting away. I wish I could explain it better, because I am so incredibly surprised by how I am feeling. I thought today we'd have a new president elect and I would be either sad or happy for the choice and that would be it. But that is not "it." What I feel is every cell in my body vibrating with the anticipation of change. It's more than happiness.... it's a joyful, total "being-ness."

I could ramble on and never be able to express this feeling. But whatever it is, it feels GOOD!!!!

8:59 AM
Post a comment...


    Connie

    I agree...it was wonderful to see Americans really CARE again...to see people turning out at the polls in record numbers. And above all, to see America making the RIGHT choice for a change!! It's the first time I've ever wanted to be at a rally, amongst the crowds, when a new President-elect made his speech. This election was truly historic, in more ways than one.

    I only wish that my fellow Californians had been a little more enlightened when it came to issues here at home. I can't believe that a majority of people in this state actually voted to DENY some people their basic civil right to simply be treated equally. We're supposed to be the more liberal, progressive state. What happened?? For every giant step forward, it seems we take two steps back.

    Not to diminish the victory of Obama's win. Hopefully under his leadership the country as a whole will learn to be more tolerant and more respectful of basic human rights.

    2 years ago

      Betsy Gully

      I've seen how you feel in a couple of places and I couldn't agree more. Not to beat a dead horse, but if someone opposes gays and lesbians, wouldn't it be in their own better interests to at least have them "blend in" by embracing their rights? argh....

      2 years ago


    Kari Fisher Williams

    I had that same calmness in me last night before bed. Let's hope that America helps Obama make good choices over the next 4 years!!

    2 years ago

      Kari Fisher Williams

      I soooo wanted to be in that crowd too!

      Yeah... overwhelmed is a good word for it. Truly amazing what we are going to face over the next 4 years...hopefully 8!

      2 years ago

      Betsy Gully

      Kari, you know what is interesting to me? Last night I was happy that Obama won, I loved his speech and really REALLY wanted to be in that crowd.... but I wasn't there in the moment. It didn't feel real. My passion and excitement were on hold.

      This morning I woke up and there it was!!!!!! Maybe I was just overwhelmed?

No comments:

Post a Comment