Some people prefer to call them goals. Aspirations. The new year check list.
I'll stick with resolutions. A resolution means a commitment and I need commitment in my life. Structure.
1. Healthy Eating. I could go with the old "lose weight" resolution but I am more interested in being healthy than skinny. And eating healthy should promote weight loss whereas, losing weight doesn't necessarily equate to good health if I were to focus on weight loss only.
2. Exercise More. Or exercise at all, really. I think I'll start with walking and work up from there.
3. Learn Something New. I would really like to go back to school, but if I can't do that I'll at least commit to taking some classes.
4. Pay It Forward. Although I am overweight and understamina'd I have so very much to be grateful for. With so many blessings in my life it is only right to pay it forward with charitable acts and kindnesses.
5. Celebrate Life. Remember those I love and care for by showing it more.
I think five is enough. Please share your resolutions, goals, aspirations or whatever you choose to call the priorities you set for the new year.