Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Skeptically hopeful?

Tomorrow I am going to an event at the Aronoff Center featuring Theresa Caputo.  

You've either just rolled your eyes or you are saying "Theresa who?"

Theresa Caputo aka "The Long Island Medium.

Okay, you can roll your eyes now if you didn't already. It's okay, I won't be offended.

I'm trying to go with no expectations.  Seriously.  In a theater full of people why should I even be hopeful that I might be the one to receive a message or a "hug" from my loved ones who have passed?  And I imagine you are asking yourself right now, "Does she really believe in this stuff?"

My answer is, I don't know. 

My father has been dead for 54 years.  Growing up I always felt him with me.  Although I knew he'd never walk me down the aisle or hold my babies, I always believed he was here and part of my life that he'd have shared had he lived.  

I don't know.  But in admitting I don't know I think the answer is I do believe, or at least I believe it's possible. Theresa Caputo isn't the only medium I've been fascinated by.  I wished for a long time that I could meet John Edwards, too.  This isn't something new for me.

In the past few years I've lost so many people that were important and close to me.  My best friend, my mother, my father-in-law and most recently my mother-in-law.  I expect nothing personal to come from tomorrow's show.  But I am hoping for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment