Saturday, May 3, 2014

30 Days of Spring: Water Droplets, Day 8

The prompt for day eight is to look for the "sparkle of spring" or water droplets.  I had visions of dew drops and glittery spider webs, but alas, for all the storms we've had recently there wasn't a water droplet on anything I could see.  

It was late in the day. My husband was home from work and tending to his orchids, when he exclaimed over the nectar drops on another plant.  He didn't even know I was looking, but he found my water droplets!







This odd looking plant in the wine bottle is a start that Mark brought home from his mother's house over a year ago.  I'm thrilled with the blooms, as they are exactly why I was so drawn to this plant. I have no idea what it is, but the little upside down cluster of flowers are very waxy feeling.  The first time I ever saw them I was sure they were plastic flowers that someone had stuck into the original plant.  They are so cool! 


No comments:

Post a Comment