Friday, May 2, 2014

30 Days of Spring: Pastels, Day 7

The challenge for day seven is to photograph within the pastel pallet.  It doesn't sound that difficult, but very little in my life is pastel. 

After a bit of searching I finally realized the orchids in my sun room were softly colored, which made them the perfect subject.  The not-so-perfect issue was their location in front of a bright window on a high shelf.  If I tried to move them I might be scolded by the "Orchid Whisperer" aka my husband.  

So after attempting the afternoon shoot and getting some great orchid silhouettes, I returned to the corner after dinner for some more shots.  I hope you like my efforts, which include photos from both shoots. 








I actually thought these flowers were a kind of fleshy tan color. It was surprising to find what beautiful colors are actually in them!

In case you are wondering what happened to day six...  we'll revisit that one later.  

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment