Sunday, July 26, 2015

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig! (Oregon or Bust: Final Chapter)

This is my husband's solo leg of the journey from Seattle to home in northern Kentucky, so I don't have much to narrate other than sharing his photos. We'll have to recreate this trip so I can visit these sites, too. 

For the most part he followed I-90 east. In Montana he stopped at the Little Big Horn.

Info
The Little Big Horn Battlefield
 In Wyoming the Devil's Tower was a must-see and a close encounter (yuk-yuk/groan).

Devil's Tower

And then on to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.

Mount Rushmore
Also in South Dakota, next stop was the famous Corn Palace.


The Corn Palace behind Jasmine & Wander-Inn
From this point it was pretty much a straight shot home for Mark with a short sleep-over in a rest stop.  So glad I'm "retired" even if he's not.  

We earn recognition for the miles traveled and nights slept in Wander-Inn.  I'll be back with those statistics soon.

Adventure dates: June 12-July 5, 2015
Miles (all three legs): 7486
Nights: 12

Total Miles: 8090
Total Nights: 13

1 comment: