Monday, September 27, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

After a bit of a rocky start we managed to get going on the staining of our deck this weekend. Err.. maybe I should say Mark got going.

We cleared off all the patio furniture, relegating it to new homes, either on the cement patio outside the basement door or on the front porch. I've been meaning to move a couple of those chairs to the front for a long time now and I have to say it's a great place for them! Nice area to read in the somewhat cooler afternoons and watch the neighbor kids enjoying the last of their summer days.

Then came the task assigned to Mark, the cleaning and bleaching of all the deck surfaces. It looks so good - I woke up Sunday morning and stood at my window looking down in appreciation and joy. What a beautiful deck we have! Now we just have to give it 48 hours before we (Mark) can go back and apply the stain.

So of course today we have rain. Bleh. I had been wanting rain to help distress my paper bundles swinging gently above the porch. You can see them in the photo - paper bundled up and hanging in the outdoor weather to be seasoned and distressed. In a few months I will take it apart and use the weathered papers for other projects. But today I would have skipped the rain in favor of the porch over my bundles.

That staining will have to be postponed just a little bit longer. Hopefully not too long. I guess I need to be careful of what I wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment