Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 4 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. You cannot tag the person who tagged you.
1. My legal name is Betsy. It's not short for Elizabeth no matter what you think. Betsy is what it says on my birth certificate and Betsy is what it is. Many people have tried to tell me my name is really Elizabeth. How does that work? Like I wouldn't know my own 'real' name???
2. The reason my name is not Elizabeth is because my initials would have been E.A.L. and my daddy thought I would be made fun of with those initials. So, if he would have still been alive I would have had to tell him in high school boys did make fun of my initials.... B.A.L.
3. It's very likely that I will never grow up. If it was going to happen I think it would have happened by now.
4. I love drinking with straws. I drink almost everything with straws except 'normal' coffee and milk. I hate it when I run out of straws at home. I don't have to have any certain straws, but I do prefer the neon colored ones.
5. My first car was a Ford Pinto named Rufus, named after my gerbil, Rufus. I don't know why I named my gerbil Rufus. When he got old I let him go in the woods, thinking it was a good way to go. My mom told me it was cruel. Rufus the gerbil, not Rufus the car.
6. For a short period of time when I was about 21 or so, I lived in a VW van with my boyfriend, Ed. I refer to that time of life as my granola head days. We lived on an island in the Pacific Northwest. Living in a van sort of sucks.
7. My husband who is five years younger than me is FINALLY starting to look older than me. YAY. Gray in his hair and Loreal in mine helps.
8. I want a tattoo and it will be a seahorse - anyone that has a very stylized drawing of a seahorse, I'd like to see it. I hope to get my tattoo either around Christmas or at least by the end of 2009.
9. I have over 100 Christmas CDs.. I love Christmas music and can't help but buy more every year. And yes, unfortunately, I do have some duplicates.
10. I never particularly wanted to have children and was afraid I would neglect them. I can't imagine my life without my daughters and I am completely thankful that I took that leap of faith!!!!
11. I can't force myself to burp and rarely ever burp. I 'gurgle' instead. Except during pregnancy, then I burp. When the rare burp occurs now, my husband panics.
12. The scariest dream I used to have as a child was about a little white ball that floated on air and chased me. I don't know what it meant, but it sure sounds stupid when I tell anyone else about it!!!
13. I used to cry at some episodes of The Brady Bunch.
14. I can be very emotional (see #13)
15. My mom was always heavy and when I was a child I felt sorry for kids with skinny moms because they didn't seem very huggable to me. This is perhaps why I am a heavy mamma, too!
16. I am probably the only person on the planet that really didn't care a whole lot for the Twilight series books. So shoot me!!
Capri, because I am sure she has some really random facts to share.
BaaBaaLisa, because she seems to have kissed a girl and liked it.... or was that someone else?
Corinne, because she hasn't been around much and I want her to get involved!
Alli, because I barely know anything about her yet