Sunday, August 30, 2015

Amana Colonies & LeClair, Iowa

I wanted to share our new Wander-Inn adventuring with my daughter, Alyssa.  We decided on a trip north/east to the Amana Colonies.  My brief visit earlier in the summer was calling me back.  The down side of this trip was it was a long road trip with too much to see for the short time we had available. 

Still on the road at sunset, accented by bug schmear
Our campsite. The canopy blew over (and away) at night and we couldn't fold the
side tent back up. We were pretty lame campers!
We must be elegant!  Wander-Inn's theme colors and the amazing
Princess WinterSpringSummerFall aka "Winnie"

The very entertaining owner of this quaint little coffee shop in Le Clair, IA.
Sad that I don't have more photos of Le Clair from this trip.
Flowers in the Amana Colonies
Interestingly there are a lot of wineries or tasting rooms
in the Amana Colonies. Nice!
Some of our favorites for around the campfire.
We built the fire, but I pooped out before wine time.  

Wander-Inn Stats:

Adventure Dates: August 21-23, 2015
Trip Miles: 1059
Trip Nights 2

Total Miles: 9650
Total Nights: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment